PlayaMedia S.L. provides community management and marketing to niche dating and social networking communities. We strive to listen and understand our members’ needs and utilize our insights to grow the active user base and increase the products’ profitability.
We are now looking for a professional and experienced Business Analyst to join our Service Team. The position requires an inquisitive person that can find solutions to complex data analytics problems, with an open mind and the ability to learn quickly.
Service Team engineers play a direct role in the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple teams to implement fresh ideas that allow our communities to grow. The team is working on discovering information hidden in vast amounts of data to make intelligent business decisions and to deliver better products.
The Service team is currently located in Shanghai and we are now extending the team to Europe, Barcelona (Spain).
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with products and data teams to identify, define, and document key metrics to guide business decision making such as engagement, retention, and lifetime value tracking across various aspects of our sites
- Partner with product teams and Service Team (data team) to contribute in providing data-driven insights to identify business opportunities, help drive changes across products and various operation teams, and ultimately improve customer value and business metrics
- Communicate complex finding visually to non-technical shareholders
- Drive the performance of current and new Performance Marketing initiatives by leveraging appropriate statistical techniques and available resources (given tools, budget, existing/potential partnerships, etc)
- Contribute to mentoring existing product teams to foster Data-Driven Culture and improve the overall output (products growth) of their V2MOM/OKR objectives
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or other quantitative discipline such as statistics
- 5+ years full-time relevant industry experience
- A passion for and track record of leveraging data in product, finance and sales operations
- Experience analyzing online conversion funnels
- Experience with modern distributed data technologies including Hadoop, NoSQL data stores, key-value stores, Data Warehouse technologies/solutions, etc.
- An ability to write complex SQL queries. You should feel comfortable using aggregate functions and all types of joins
- Attention to detail, data consistency and accuracy
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Independence, self-direction and an amazing ability to get stuff done
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- Strong communication, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in stressful situations when insights in (new) data sets is required quickly
- Familiar with machine learning models such as natural language processing, or predictive modeling
- Enjoy coaching and empowering/mentoring your peers to maximize progress and potential
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to work hand-in-hand with product teams to support strategic Growth Hacking Initiatives
- Opportunity to pair-work with Full-stack Engineers, Data Scientist and Machine Learning Engineers to build advanced statistical and machine learning models to solve problems like customer lifetime value prediction, pricing optimization, marketing attribution, recommendation algorithms, user behavior forecasting, user experience personalization, etc.
- Opportunity to collaborate on cultivating consensus and alignment within the team and across the organization
Other benefits and perks:
- Full time (40 hours / week.) with flexible hours(starting latest 10am).
- Hybrid work
- Competitive salary based on experience + Quarterly bonus for all employees depending on the revenue of all products, ad income and affiliate revenue payouts.
- Membership fee for the Club Natació Atlètic-Barceloneta (50% covered by the company)
- Flexible remuneration: Kindergarten voucher, Health insurance Sanitas (50% covered by the company)
- Time for Training: Daily learning hour (1pm – 2pm).
- Great Food: Healthy lunch cooked by our chef at the office with vegetarian & vegan options, fruits & snacks in the office
- 30 working days holidays
- Company retreats and team building days
- Awesome Location: You’ll love our stunning beachfront office in La Barceloneta 😉
What Work Culture & Environment will you find?:
PlayaMedia is committed to self-managed ways of working. We work closely within and between teams to hold ourselves and each other accountable. We are actively engaged in shaping the future of our company, by participating in collective decision-making and organizational development processes. We are looking for someone who is excited to be on this journey with us and who values initiative, self-accountability and adult-to-adult ways of relating.
PlayaMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our commitment that every applicant will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, marital or parental status, or religion.
We promote equal opportunities in recruitment and we are a company dedicated to empowering inclusion and diversity
Want this job?
Awesome, we’re stoked to hear from you! Please send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org