Senior Brand Manager – Popcorn Dating
About the job
Reporting to the Head of Product of our Dating Framework and the Corporate Strategy Team, the Senior Brand Manager (Pop) serves Ideawise’s largest dating community. Your main challenges will be three: 1) Lead on international expansion. 2) Shift growth focus from web to app. 3) Rejuvenate our user base, while fostering gender balance. You must be able to deliver hands-on management of the brand’s strategy with a special emphasis on user acquisition, besides branding and creative execution. In this cross-functional role, you will be working in partnership with Performance Marketing (Paid UA), Growth (ASO/SEO), Community Management, Support, and Product teams, as well as Creative freelancers and external agencies, to drive awareness, interest, conversion, and retention.
About the team
The Pop team is responsible for delivering engaging content creation, ensuring helpful community management, and supporting targeted marketing initiatives. We want you to be part of our project’s team, which strives to communicate with our users and help build an inclusive community that connects them with the people they want to date. You are a mold-breaker who loves challenges, learning by doing, and testing new things. More than this, you can quickly pick up new tools and processes while always looking for ways to improve and build upon past successes. Holding a CEO-like role in this endeavor, you need to be a great problem solver with an agile mindset, have a sound knowledge of growth hacking and international teamwork experience.
Responsibilities – What you will do
- Lead integrated brand strategy to drive product success in alignment with other teams: product, marketing, organic growth, community management, and support.
- Implement strategic OKR considering the product manager’s and the team’s input; guide and support team members with the breakdown into individual goal setting.
- Monitor P&L, all relevant KPIs, and foster data-driven decisions; act like a data evangelist in your team by ensuring that everyone contributes with quarterly reports.
- Develop a global brand. Manage and expand logo, name, and icon guidelines for international markets. Own the brand identity beyond digital, incl. PR & events.
- Ensure we consistently produce best-in-class copy and creatives that resonate with consumers across all channels, incl. paid UA, ASO, SEO, content, and comms.
- Liaise with performance marketers and creative pros on ideating and testing the most effective campaigns that are on-brand, on-budget, and deliver excellent results.
- Become a key contributor to ASO testing roadmap & analysis. Pitch featuring decks to platform partners Google Play & App Store to improve visibility and conversion.
- Support day-to-day relationship of marketing, community management, and support with the product team. Escalate feedback and draft recommendations.
Qualifications – What you will need
- 5+ years in similar roles to brand management and product marketing, preferably in mobile apps, social networks, or dating.
- Strong experience in driving impactful creative campaigns, developing excellent creatives, and aesthetic acumen.
- Proven track record working on got-to-market strategy, international expansion, and big awareness campaigns for digital brands.
- Deep understanding of global and local market trends, successful marketing mix, and strategic best practices. Know-how in mobile UA is a bonus.
- A KPI and results oriented person, capable of driving both, strategic direction and tactical optimization. Familiarity with OKR is a plus.
- Good listener, empathetic, and team oriented, with the desire to own projects through their full lifecycle: ideation, execution, and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills in English are a must. Fluent German is of great advantage. Other languages will be taken into consideration.
Benefits – What’s in it for you
- Flexible hours: 40 hours/week starting no later than 10 am (hybrid/remote: TBD)
- Time for training: Daily development hour from 1 pm until 2 pm
- Extra holidays: 30 working days (as opposed to the standard 21-23 days in Spain)
- Competitive salary: 50-72k Euros gross per year (depending on experience)
- Additional cash: Quarterly bonus in case of record breaking company revenue
- Company perks: 50% gym membership fee and private health insurance
- Flexible remuneration: Reduced income tax on your income paid via Kindergarten
- Great food: Jummy snacks and free healthy lunch at the office with veggie options
- Amazing coffee: We just got a new SAGE Barista machine – it is divine!
- Awesome location: You’ll love our stunning beachfront office in La Barceloneta and its mindblowing roof-top terrace with a small pool for you to use any time you wish 🙂
PlayaMedia belongs to Ideawise Group, a global tech company home to some of the most groundbreaking products for alternative lifestyles in the dating industry. Ideawise creates online communities that allow for people to live authentic, fulfilling, and happy lives. We are committed to providing the best user experience and the most efficient way for like-minded people to connect and discover what matters to them. Founded in 2005 by three German brothers in Shanghai, Ideawise Group has offices in Barcelona, Berlin, and Düsseldorf and is fueled by nearly 150 open minded people who work across the globe to become ONE, AGILE, and THRIVING organization.
Want the job?
If this sounds like you, please apply with your resume and cover letter telling us why you’re excited about joining our team. We look forward to hearing from you!
Send us your application to: email@example.com
PlayaMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is our commitment that every applicant will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, marital or parental status or religion.