Brazilian/Portuguese Community Manager (Maternity leave)
Looking for a unique experience in the Online Dating field? Are you open-minded and believe in the freedom to explore alternative lifestyles without judgement? If you have a native level of Brazilian Portuguese with outstanding writing skills, proven experience in Community Management or similar roles and can answer yes to the above, continue reading.
About the job
The purpose of this temporary job opportunity is to help continue building a BR/PT-speaking community through engaging content, outstanding copy, and a user-centred approach for 6 months while covering a maternity leave.
The ideal person for this job is a skilled professional looking to gain experience in the Online Dating field, while practicing their creativity in copywriting, content creation, language skills and also applying communication strategies within the community and target audience. You’ll be helping the FET app conquer the world of Fetish & BDSM.
PlayaMedia belongs to Ideawise Group, a global tech company home to some of the most groundbreaking products for alternative lifestyles in the dating industry. Ideawise creates online communities that allow people to live authentic, fulfilling, and happy lives.
We are committed to providing the best user experience and the most efficient way for like-minded people to connect and discover what matters to them. Founded in 2005 by three German brothers in Shanghai, Ideawise Group has offices in Barcelona, Berlin, and Düsseldorf and is fueled by nearly 150 open-minded people who work globally to become ONE, AGILE, and THRIVING organization.
At Playamedia, you’ll find a dynamic bunch of professionals that focus on marketing and community management for a number of our own online dating brands, such as the FET app.
Our vision is to be the world’s most trusted Fetish and BDSM community. A safe, sane and consensual home for kinksters and the kink-curious that demystifies alternative lifestyles and provides a user-friendly dating solution.
Responsibilities – What you will do:
- Fostering user engagement, retention, and satisfaction by adapting regular content to BR/PT across all communication channels according to content plan and project localization (incl. newsfeed, forum, newsletters, magazine articles, surveys, and other entertaining community actions)
- Reducing the support ticket volume per user by providing solutions to BR/PT users, replying to their tickets in a timely manner, and jointly escalating product improvements
- Ensuring a good-quality moderation of the BR/PT Forum & Chat
- Improving our app store ratings on Google Play Store and the App Store through excellent ASO copywriting and solution-oriented responses to our BR/PT app reviews delivered on the dot
- Ensuring the quality of our app in BR/PT through regular use and testing to continuously improve UX copy and raise product-critical bugs to the Developer’s team
- Leading and ensuring the proper execution of certain community actions in all languages
- Improving overall user satisfaction and the quality of UX/UI and community management through recommendations based on analysis and reporting
- Providing BR/PT data regarding user satisfaction, engagement, retention, and reactivation, measured in relevant KPIs to our Quarterly Reports
- While reporting to the Brand Manager, you’ll be collaborating and exchanging ideas and feedback with the Project Localization Manager, UX/UI Product Designer and Community Managers
- Together with the Influencer Marketing Manager, spreading the brand’s presence beyond the community across social media channels by fostering authentic and long-term relationships with BR/PT influencers.
Qualifications – What you will need:
- 3+ years in Community Management or similar roles
- Studies and experience in journalism, advertising, online marketing, community management or other language-related fields (ideally with a Master’s or PhD)
- Native level of Brazilian Portuguese and high level of English
- Additional language skills are an advantage (preferably Spanish or German)
- To be creative, solution-oriented, reliable and organised
- To be a team player and a good listener with a positive attitude
- To be broad-minded and understand the terms ‘kinky’ and ‘sex-positive’
- To have a genuine interest in knowing more about fetish, BDSM, and alternative lifestyles
- And, of course… to have a great sense of humour 🙂
Benefits – What’s in it for you:
- Flexible hours: 40 hours/week starting no later than 10 am (on-site/hybrid: TBD)
- Time for training: Daily development hour from 1 pm until 2 pm
- Holidays: 15 working days for this 6-month contract
- Competitive salary: 22K-28K Euros gross per year (depending on experience)
- Company perks: 50% gym membership fee and private health insurance
- Great food: Yummy snacks and free healthy breakfast and lunch at the office with veggie options
- Amazing coffee: We just got a new SAGE Barista machine – it is divine!
- Awesome location: You’ll love our stunning beachfront office in La Barceloneta and its mindblowing roof-top terrace with a small pool for you to use any time you wish
Want the job?
If this sounds like you, please apply with your resume and cover letter telling us why you’re excited about joining our team. We look forward to hearing from you!
Send us your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PlayaMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We commit that every applicant will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, marital or parental status or religion.