UX Writer Internship [FET]
Looking for a unique internship? Are you open-minded, and believe in the freedom to explore alternative lifestyles without judgement? If you’ve got outstanding writing skills in one of these languages :Brazilian/Portuguese/Italian/Dutch/Greek o Danish and can answer yes to the above, then carry on reading.
We’re Playamedia – a dynamic bunch of professionals that focus on marketing and community management for a number of our own online dating brands such as the FET app.
Our vision is to be the world’s most trusted Fetish and BDSM community. A safe, sane and consensual home for kinksters and the kink-curious, that demystifies alternative lifestyles and provides a user-friendly dating solution.
What are we looking for?
We’re searching for an UX Writer Intern to join our team at our beachfront office in Barcelona for a 6-month project working on translating FET, our app, for the kinky community in Portugal, Brazil, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Greece and Denmark.
The ideal person for this job is a student or a young professional looking to gain experience in a digital media environment, practicing their copywriting and UX writing skills. With our support and direction, you’ll be working on getting FET ready to conquer the world of Fetish & BDSM.
Your typical day will include:
- Not just translate, but ideate and adapt: Write and proofread all the app copy as part of our weekly team sprints
- While reporting to the Project Localization Manager, you’ll collaborate and exchange feedback with the Brand Manager, Community Managers, insiders and existing users
- Write swiftly and iteratively, ensuring content consistency both at a high level (brand voice and values) as well as at a microlevel (button copy)
- Learn insights to increase our traffic and installs through SEO & ASO writing
- Research how to improve and enhance the user experience through UX writing
- Think creatively and strategically about copy/content and demonstrate how they are essential to an appealing and desirable community experience
- Stay current on competitors and best practices across sectors to ensure that all copy/content will: differentiate the brand, be representative of our community, drive our target audience to download the app, sign up and engage users
This job might be for you if you tick the following boxes…
- You’re a native speaker in one of the following languages: Portuguese, Brazilian- Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Greek or Danish with excellent writing skills and a high level of English
- Perhaps: Studies and/or experience in translation, localization, journalism, digital marketing, community management, or other language-related fields
- You are creative, solution-oriented, reliable and organised
- You have an eye for detail and are accurate even if a task becomes repetitive
- Additional language skills are an advantage (preferably Spanish or German)
- A team player and a good listener with a positive attitude and the willingness to learn
- You’re broad-minded and understand the terms ‘kinky’ and ‘sex-positive’
- Genuine interest in knowing more about all things fetish, BDSM, and alternative lifestyles
- And of course… you have a great sense of humour 🙂
What’s in it for you?
- Job Opportunity: Paid internship
- Competitive Salary: €750.00 / month (which is pretty rare in Spain to be honest)
- Flexible Hours: 40 hours / week. Starting no later than 10am
- Time for Training: Daily learning hour (1pm – 2pm). Course TBC
- Great Food: Healthy lunch at the office with veggie options
- Awesome Location: You’ll love our stunning beachfront office in La Barceloneta 😉
If this sounds like you, send us your C.V. to: email@example.com and tell us why you should be considered for the job.