Backend Developer Kaufmich.com / BuyMe.com (Hybrid)
Kaufmich is the largest escort/client marketplace in the DACH region. Our community has over one million registered members and counts more than 8 million visitors per month. Being a value and purpose-driven project, our mission is to serve and empower sex workers and their clients. This year we are planning to expand our service internationally.
Behind Kaufmich stands a multicultural team of 30 professionals in three locations. We are organized in a lean and agile way, as a company, we are on a journey towards decentralization and self-management. We are passionate about our jobs and the positive impact we have on the world.
About the role
The team is primarily self-organizing and you will be involved in the whole product life-cycle, from scribbles on a post-it note to the finished solution.
You will be expected to:
- develop new user-facing features
- be responsible for the architecture design
- maintain quality and sanity of our backend
- constantly improve the performance of the code base
- make sure your work is high-quality & value-focused
You’ll collaborate directly with stakeholders, product managers, and domain experts to ensure that we find suitable solutions for the problems we face while improving our process and way of working.
- 5+ years of experience with Object-Oriented PHP development, familiar with MVC;
- 3+ years of experience with Symfony, Laravel, or other similar frameworks;
- Experience in RESTful API development;
- Deep understanding of automatic testing and continuous integration;
- Solid knowledge of SQL and rich experience in architecture design and optimization with high concurrency requirements;
- Knowledge and experience in Redis, a good understanding of common data structures in Redis and their use cases;
- Proficiency in Git and knowledge of Linux commands;
- Ability to apply common design patterns, data structures, and algorithms;
- Nice to have I: Knowledge and experience in Symfony 5 or 6
- Nice to have II: Knowledge and experience in Apache Solr and/or Elasticsearch
- Independent, self-motivated, and proactive
- Ability to work under pressure and in a multicultural environment
- Flawless written and spoken English communication skills
What’s in it for you?
- Full-time (40 hours/week.) with flexible hours(starting latest at 10 am).
- Competitive salary based on experience + quarterly bonus for all employees depending on the revenue of all products, ad income, and affiliate revenue payouts
- 30 working days holidays
- The membership fee for the Club Natació Atlètic-Barceloneta (50% covered by the company)
- Flexible remuneration: Kindergarten voucher, Health insurance Sanitas (50% covered by the company)
- Time for Training & Self-Growth: daily learning hour (1 pm – 2 pm).
- Great food: Healthy lunch cooked by our chef at the office with vegetarian & vegan options, fruits & snacks in the office
- Company retreats and team-building days
- Awesome location: You’ll love our stunning beachfront office in La Barceloneta 😉
What Work Culture & Environment will you find?
PlayaMedia is committed to self-managed ways of working. We do not have bosses telling us what to do, but instead, we work closely within and between teams to hold ourselves and each other accountable. We are actively engaged in shaping the future of our company, by participating in collective decision-making and organizational development processes. We are looking for someone who is excited to be on this journey with us and who values initiative, self-accountability, and adult-to-adult ways of relating. We promote equal opportunities in recruitment and we are a company dedicated to empowering inclusion and diversity.
PlayaMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our commitment that every applicant will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, marital or parental status, or religion.
Want this job?
Awesome, we’re stoked to hear from you! Please send us your application to email@example.com
PlayaMedia is one subsidiary of a group company. Because of the group structure, please be well noted that your job applications and CV will be shared with the Recruiters from other subsidiaries of the group only for recruitment purpose.
Thank you for your understanding.