SysAdmin / Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Hybrid
PlayaMedia S.L. provides community management and marketing to niche dating and social networking communities. We strive to listen and understand our members’ needs and utilize our insights to grow the active user base and increase the products’ profitability.
As a growing market leader in niche dating and social networking services, PlayaMedia is looking for a professional and experienced Systems Administrator with a good knowledge of server administration tasks. The SA team is currently located in Shanghai and we are now extending the team to Europe.This position is based in Barcelona.
- Install and configure services (webserver, email, database, git…);
- Work in the lab, mostly in Linux environment but also a few windows AD servers;
- Set up and run test environment (load, ci…);
- Enforce company policy regarding backup, security, etc;
- Monitor servers for activity, alerts, etc;
- Understand sysadmin aspect of the web applications;
- Work independently with multiple remote teams as well as support local team members;
- Multitask, prioritize and organize assignments, and escalate tickets based on their complexity.
Skills to create thrills
- 3+ years SRE and system administration related working experience;
- Good communication skills in English;
- Being creative in analyzing and solving problems;
- Strong attention to details and the initiative to follow up with tasks;
- Quick response to emergencies and follow-ups on tickets;
- Learn and adapt fast;
- Being self-disciplined and self-motivated.
System administration related
- Administrate users, email accounts (AD, Google Drive, O365 etc.);
- Good understanding of computer hardware;
- Knowledge to help with O365 related issues (Outlook, Sharepoint, Onedrive etc.);
- Knowledge to help with vpn issues (configuration check);
- Knowledge to help with setting up local password manager.
Site Reliability engineering related
- Understanding of Linux and Windows servers;
- Understanding of networking basics (TCP/IP);
- Scripting skills in Bash, and Perl/Python/Ruby, etc as plus;
- Knowledge of databases (MySQL as a must, and Cassandra, MongoDB, etc as plus);
- Experience with NGINX, Redis, Memcached, php-fpm;
- Knowledge of automation tools and virtualization (CI/CD as a must, Puppet, cobbler, k8s, podman, docker, kvm, openvz, etc as plus);
- Experience with git/gitlab;
- Experience with HA (HAProxy, Pacemaker, etc);
- Understanding of the AWS environment, and how GA works with openvpn over V2ray
- Understanding of the lab environment to debug basic problems;
- Ability to respond to developers requests for schema changes, etc.
What’s in it for you?
- Full time (40 hours / week.) with flexible hours(starting latest 10am).
- Hybrid work
- Competitive salary based on experience + Quarterly bonus for all employees depending on the revenue of all products, ad income and affiliate revenue payouts.
- Membership fee for the Club Natació Atlètic-Barceloneta (50% covered by the company)
- Flexible remuneration: Kindergarten voucher,, Health insurance Sanitas (50% covered by the company)
- Time for Training: Daily learning hour (1pm – 2pm). Course TBC
- Great Food: Healthy lunch cooked by our chef at the office with vegetarian & vegan options, fruits & snacks in the office
- 30 working days holidays
- Company retreats and team building days
- Awesome Location: You’ll love our stunning beachfront office in La Barceloneta 😉
- We promote equal opportunities in recruitment and we are a company dedicated to empowering inclusion and diversity.
What Work Culture & Environment You’ll Find?:
PlayaMedia is committed to self-managed ways of working. We do not have bosses telling us what to do, but rather we work closely within and between teams to hold ourselves and each other accountable. We are actively engaged in shaping the future of our company, by participating in collective decision-making and organizational development processes. We are looking for someone who is excited to be on this journey with us and who values initiative, self-accountability and adult-to-adult ways of relating.
Want this job?
Awesome, we’re stoked to hear from you! Please send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
PlayaMedia is one subsidiary of a group company. Because of the group structure, please be well noted that your job applications and CV will be shared with the Recruiters from other subsidiaries of the group only for recruitment purpose.
Thank you for your understanding.