Spanish Product Content Writer (Intern) [Fetish.com]
Looking for a unique internship? Are you open-minded, and believe in the freedom to explore alternative lifestyles without judgement? If you’ve got outstanding writing skills in Spanish and can answer yes to the above, then carry on reading.
We’re Playamedia – a dynamic bunch of professionals that focus on marketing and community management for a number of our own online dating brands such as Fetish.com.
Our vision is to be the world’s most trusted Fetish and BDSM community. A safe, sane and consensual home for kinksters and the kink-curious, that demystifies alternative lifestyles and provides a user-friendly dating solution.
What are we looking for?
We’re searching for a native Spanish-speaking Intern to join our team at our beachfront office in Barcelona for a 6-9 month project working on translating Fetish.com for the kinky community in Spain and LatAm.
The ideal person for this job will be a student or a young professional looking to gain experience in an online media environment, practice their copywriting and develop their SEO and UX writing skills. With our support and direction, you’ll be working on getting Fetish.com ready to conquer the Spanish world of Fetish & BDSM, while growing your own chances to stay in the team as our Spanish Community Manager in 2020.
Your typical day will include:
- Not just translate, but ideate and adapt: Write and proofread all website (and upcoming in-app) product copy as part of our weekly team sprints
- Collaborate and exchange feedback with the Brand Manager, the Content Manager, Community managers, insiders and existing users
- Write swiftly and iteratively, ensuring content consistency both at a high level (brand voice and values) as well as at a microlevel (button copy)
- Learn insights to increase our organic traffic through SEO writing
- Research how to improve and enhance the user experience through UX writing
- Think creatively and strategically about copy/content and demonstrate how they are essential to an appealing and desirable community experience
- Stay current on competitors and best practices across sectors to ensure that all copy/content will: differentiate the brand, be representative of our community, drive our target audience to sign up and engage users
This job might be for you if you tick the following boxes…
- You’re a native Spanish speaker with excellent writing skills
- Studies and/or experience in Journalism, Online Marketing, Community Management, Social Media, Customer Service – or similar field
- You are creative, solution-oriented, reliable and organised
- You have an eye for detail and are accurate even if a task becomes repetitive
- Additional language skills in Spanish and German are an advantage
- A team player and a good listener with a positive attitude and the willingness to learn
- You’re broad-minded and understand the terms ‘kinky’ and ‘sex-positive’
- Genuine interest in knowing more about all things fetish, BDSM, and alternative lifestyles
- And of course… you have a great sense of humour 🙂
What’s in it for you?
- Job Opportunity: Paid internship with a real chance to join us afterwards!
- Competitive Salary: 500.00 € / month (which is pretty rare in Spain to be honest)
- Flexible Hours: 40 hours / week. Starting no later than 10am.
- Time for Training: Daily learning hour (1pm – 2pm). Course TBC.
- Great Food: Healthy lunch at the office with veggie options.
- Awesome Location: You’ll love our stunning beachfront office in La Barceloneta 😉
If this sounds like you, send us your C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you should be considered for the job