Content Writer Intern (Spanish & Catalan)
Are you open-minded and believe in the freedom to explore queer lifestyles without judgment? If you’ve got bags of initiative and can answer yes to the above, then carry on reading.
We’re PlayaMedia – a dynamic bunch of professionals that focus on marketing and community management for a number of our brands, such as the Gaudi app, and its web domains Gays.com & Gay.de – A queer space, where you can date, make friends and chat about your phantasies and whatever you want.
Our vision is to be the world’s most inclusive queer community. A safe, sane, and consensual home for gay guys and all open-minded people, that loves alternative lifestyles and provides a user-friendly dating app.
What are we looking for?
We’re searching for an enthusiastic Content Writer Intern – Spanish and Catalan Expert to join our team at our beachfront office in Barcelona or remote wherever you are. You will be working on an approx. 6 month project on translating content into Catalan and Spanish and support our English Team. You will also answer user related questions and help them to get a better UX at our Gaudi App and Gays.com.
The ideal person for this job will be a professional, passionate about social technologies and customer satisfaction, with fantastic communication skills and the drive to build and maintain an authentic community with unique brand values like ours.
Your typical day will include:
- Writing and translating copies for new product features, ASO, and FAQs, in addition to proofreading content produced by freelance writers in alignment with our Content plan in Catalan and Spanish (English optional)
- Providing solution-oriented responses to users on a daily basis, while upholding our values and guidelines via app reviews, direct messages, and support tickets alongside our customer support team
- Assisting our volunteering forum and chat moderators every day hand in hand with our Support Team
- Creating regular quality content to increase engagement and user retention via news feed, newsletters, and entertaining community actions coordinated by our Community Team across all available languages.
- Testing new product features and escalating user feedback to draft recommendations for improvements on UX/UI, community management, and overall user satisfaction
- Fostering Social Media through routine posts and building authentic relationships with influencers/followers to spread the brand’s presence beyond the community, mainly on Insta and Facebook
This job might be for you if you are/have the following…
- Native (or fluent) Catalan and Spanish speaker with an excellent level of English
- You are a student of Communications, contemporary Linguistics, or similar field or a freelancer.
- Positive attitude with the willingness to learn and grow
- Confident with Google Drive and Microsoft Office Suite and Online-Meetings
- Data-driven, creative, solution-oriented team player and a good listener with an open mind and great mediating skills
- Experience in Community Management, Social Media, Customer Service, Online Marketing, PR, Journalism – or similar field
- No fear of contact with queer and adult content
What’s in it for you?
- Paid internship. Freelance is also possible.
- Flexible Hours: 20 to 40 hours/week
- Holidays: 30 working days/year
- When working in Barcelona:
- Great Food: Free healthy lunch at the office with veggie options
- Amazing Coffee: We just got a new SAGE Barista machine, and it is divine!
- Awesome Location: You’ll love our stunning beachfront office in La Barceloneta
What Work Culture & Environment You’ll Find?
PlayaMedia is committed to self-managed ways of working. We do not have bosses telling us what to do, but rather we work closely within and between teams to hold ourselves and each other accountable. We are actively engaged in shaping the future of our company, by participating in collective decision-making and organizational development processes. We are looking for someone who is excited to be on this journey with us and who values initiative, self-accountability and adult-to-adult ways of relating. We promote equal opportunities in recruitment and we are a company dedicated to empowering inclusion and diversity.
If this sounds like you, tell us why you should be considered for the job, and send us your CV to: email@example.com